4/17/08

BURNING........A poem I wrote......

The cigarette lies in the pack.
Fresh, but it had to be lit,
Because I yearn for it.
The light is starting to burn.
Incidents going bad, will you ever learn.
This is addictive.
Five years into the relationship.
Downfalls present the surface.
It's so unfiltered.
My heart is aching from being in so much pain.
Cheating and dishonesty makes me go insane.
Filling my lungs.
A burning sensation is starting to attack my insides.
Stuck withyou, I don't know how to get rid of.
Love addiction.
Hard as concrete and stiff as a board.
Staying strong is within.
This nonsense will not go on any longer.
The smoke is clearing.
The cigarette is done BURNING......
At this point the relationship that once was is no longer and is now ASH......
Gone forever.
My true love; my everything.
Til' the end; soar and fly away, my angel wings.........

1 comment:

Don said...

enjoyed the read but love is a little more powerful than that.